Canada is a dream destination for those planning to open a business project. The country is a world leader in many industrial sectors like Aerospace, Petroleum, Agriculture, IT and Automotive. The solid social system ensures that Canada has got premium work force, solid financial backbone and much lower cost of running business and easy tax regime.
Geographically, Canada is uniquely positioned in close proximity to the US and South America, thus having access to robust US markets as well as virgin areas of investment in South America. Canada is the gateway to international trade, thanks to its trade agreements with almost all major players in across the world.
As the healthy business environment is generating more job opportunities and strengthening the national economy, Canada is actively supporting innovative and strong business and investment concepts.
The Canadian Business Visa Program is aimed at attracting skilled and experienced business people. Managers, entrepreneurs, farmers, self-employed professionals and those with start-up concepts are promoted under the program.
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) under the Canada Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) aims to fulfil the requirement of workforce from migrant community to the urban Canadian provinces.
Besides the Self-Employed Worker Program, Investor Program and Entrepreneur Program, Canada is offering concepts like the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Pilot Program, Provincial Nominee Investor Visa and Provincial Nominee Entrepreneur Visa to promote, encourage and support immigrant investments.
IIVC Pilot Program can help investors to migrate and settle with family anywhere in Canada, except Quebec. Canada aggressively promote and support ventures through excellent communication networks, premium quality work force, special taxation incentives for business investment and opens up business potential through access to the wider North American market.
IIVC Pilot Program is meant for high-net worth applicants seeking to invest in and establish themselves in Canada. The basic requirements to be met for eligibility under this Program are: - A CDN$2 million non-guaranteed investment in the immigrant investor venture capital fund for approximately 15 years;
- A net worth of at least CDN$10 million acquired through lawful, profit-making business or investment activities;
- Basic English or French language proficiency (proved through the results of an approved language test);
- Having completed the equivalent of a Canadian post-secondary credential of at least one year (or the foreign equivalent as validated by an Educational Credential Assessment).
Provincial Nominee Investor Visa is meant to support multinational firms desirous of establishing connection with Canada or planning to extend their operations to Canada. Under the program, they can bring in their workforce comprising key executives, managers or employees to Canada. This visa program opens up prosperous Canadian provinces of Ontario or Saskatchewan for applicants to immigrate and settle themselves.
The eligibility for the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program are:
- A qualifying investment in Ontario of $3 million or more
- Generation of at least 5 net permanent full-time jobs and
- Providing details of the nominee positions being requested, the roles and responsibilities of each position and the qualifications and experience required for each position.
The eligibility for the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program Large Scale Investor stream are:
- A qualifying investment in Saskatchewan of $10 million or more and
- Meeting the requirements of legally obtained net worth, business experience and intent to reside and actively invest.
Provincial Nominee Entrepreneur Visa is aimed to bring in investment to the British Columbia, New Brunswick, North West Territories, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Yukon provinces. The requirement for the same are:
- A personal investment of at least $150,000 to $400,000 CAD to establish or to purchase and expand an eligible business,
- Generation of new jobs for locals,
- Active and on-going participation management of the business,
- A personal net worth as required by the Province, and
- Previous management or business experience relevant to the intended business.
You can check your eligibility in the free assessment form. Fill up the details and we shall get your status evaluation and let you know what you need more, if any, to apply for Business Visa to Canada.